Saturday, May 19, 2007

ﺱ ﺈ

A tangoed spar, a dance in the light of darkness,
You reappear now only because I understand you better and am ready to face the reality of you,
I disappeared from you because I didn’t understand your hidden complexity, until it came up from behind and cloaked me, revealing a weakness that made me fall to the ground and beg from your escape from up above.
An act of grace or a show of magic, I lifted the cloak to find you gone, a simplicity unveiled to replace your complexity. A plastic tranquility, an ocean with no water. If ignorance is bliss, I chose to live in this bliss until its emptiness consumed me and what I tried to suppress resurfaced in the form of you again: the truth.
You peak your head around the corner as you know you’re being sought after, I can see you in the distance and know our paths will cross again. I am the light and you the darkness; I am the darkness and you the light. This time I will not fear you, for to fear you is to fear myself.

No comments: